Inverted Minor Arpeggios – Form 4
Claude Gordon, Daily Trumpet Routines (Carl Fischer, 1971), 144-148.
Click here for the ENTIRE lesson plan (routine).
Things to remember when you practice
- 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
- Practice each model for 3 days
- Breathe when necessary (not on last note)
- Push out ALL the air on last note – until shaking
- Add the upper octave where it’s comfortable
- Rest as long as you play (finger and sing through each line)
- BIG BREATH – CHEST UP – SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
- WATCH THE TONGUE
- LIFT FINGERS HIGH – STRIKE THE VALVES HARD